Thursday, June 13, 2013

Summertime Blues

Don't let Alan Jackson convince you there ain't no cure.

Here's some of my favorite things to do to shake up my summer. Blues be gone!


  • CRAFT
    • Omg I can't even tell you how many times during a summer I say, "I wanna paint stuff." I'm sure you have more than enough supplies to get you through your favorite Pinterest projects. (Check out my page!!) It can be as simple as spray painting some old bottles, or as detailed as designing your own bulletin board. Fewer things bring more joy to a twenty-something than the outcome of something newly crafted. And if you don't have the supplies, get on your game and head to Hobby Lobby. Because sometimes all you need is some Starbucks and some craft supplies to refuel your creative energy. Let the summer spark up some inspiration and get to crafting!

  • DRIVE.
    • That's right girl, road trip. Texas is THE PERFECT STATE for day tripping. Seriously. College Station feels like its just a few hours from everywhere. Which means this girl gets to pick any spot on the map and have a new adventure anytime I feel like it. Don't plan either! Be spontaneous! My favorite thing to do is eat. So I scour the internet for restaurant reviews, coffee shops, and bakeries that are worthy of a visit. I could spend all afternoon walking through a small town I've never seen before. Big cities like Austin, Houston, and San Antonio are great for day trips too. I swear I will never run out of things to do in Austin. Love love love it. Museums and pretty scenery galore. My happy place for sure. 

  • INVEST.
    • No not money. I'm in college, I don't have any of that. Invest in people.  With more free time on my hands than during the school year, I am able to reconnect with people I've met but may not have had the time to really get to know. Schedule coffee dates, bookstore visits, volleyball matches, movie nights! Anything to get you around the people you already know so that relationships can be deepened. God was so sweet to bless us with actual brothers and sisters in this Body of Christ. We're family, so its high time to start loving each other like we are! I am blown away by the incredible people I have met while in school. And the more time I spend with my dear brothers and sisters, the more wonderful they reveal themselves to be!


Bye bye blues!

Love

K

No comments:

Post a Comment