Monday, April 29, 2013

Easier Said Than Done.

 


I honestly can't add anything to this quote. Its just a lesson that God has seriously been teaching me over and over and over again this year. Yes, year. I'm coming to realize just how deeply-seeded my unresolved things are in my heart. 
 
Things done to me in the past that I still have yet to deal with. 
Emotional scars from sins that are long gone.
Thoughts and feelings that stir and scare me about the future.

But I'm being patient. 
I am praying, praying, praying, constantly praying through everything unresolved. 
I ask for healing and for wisdom and for understanding and for encouragement. 
And I ask for patience.

I acknowledge that I have issues. 
Consequence of the Fall of Man into sin: We ALL have issues. And that's okay.
God deals with us. And He works all things together for the good of those who trust in Him. 
So the things that are unresolved do not define me.
And they certainly are not staying unresolved.

I am welcoming the work that will be done in my heart.
Sometimes having God bring to mind sin and struggles in life is messy. And painful.
But I welcome the pain and the mess, because it is only temporary.
The sooner I go to Jesus, the sooner He can get to work on making me more like Himself. 


Awesome quote. Wonderful lesson. 
Grateful for a God who leads me into these seasons of resolution.

We certainly are journeying somewhere wonderful together.


Love,

K.

No comments:

Post a Comment