Friday, April 5, 2013

On My Beauty List This Week

Hello and Happy Friday :)

Today I'd like to share with you a few things I'll be buying here pretty soon, per recommendation from my closest friends and family.  Do you use any of these products already? I would love to hear from you!

1. Biotin, $10

I'm trying to grow out my hair, and lately my nails have been really brittle. Heard about Biotin from a friend and I'm ready to try it out!


I keep seeing this pinned by some of my favorite bloggers. For only six bucks, I'm ready to add it to my daily makeup routine.


My little sister heard about this miracle powder that dissolves blackheads like nobody's business. Only problem was it cost wayyyy too much. After some research, she found that Ulta had a very reasonable alternative. After trying it for the first time, she texted me immediately before and after pictures of her nose. Needless to say, she was a little excited. But heck, with her results, I'm convinced.


4. Butter London Foundation Base, $19

This product I've used before. And it rocks. A good friend and fashion blogger let me borrow her collection of Butter nail polish and I absolutely loved it. The base coat was the best I had ever used. It was slightly tinted (hence "Foundation") so it covered up little imperfections in my nails. I'm willing to bet that this super base coat works with all my other polishes as well. Time to get some of my own to be sure!


5. Monistat Anti-Chaffing Gel, $6

Say whaaa? Don't be weirded out. I recently read that this gel serves as a great make up primer. It supposedly has the same active ingredients as Smashbox's primer, but for 1/6 of the cost. This one I'm a little more skeptical about, but I love trying new things!


I'll keep you updated on how well these products work over time. Keep your fingers crossed! 



Important note: You and I are beautiful just the way we are. Though sometimes we feel we need to be convinced of that... The way I look may not reflect the image photo shopped and airbrushed and fabricated by our culture, but I do reflect the image of God.
I love being a girl. Messing around with all this beauty junk is fun :) But it is the condition of my heart that really makes me feel as beautiful as God knows that I am.

... but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious.
1 Peter 3:4

Until next time beautiful,

-K.

No comments:

Post a Comment