Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Praying Through The Crazy

Wow, what a week.

This past weekend I went to Baton Rouge to spend with some really good friends of mine. I hadn't seen them in a couple months, and I had never been to Louisiana, so it was a wonderful trip! Soon I'm gonna post about the trip and all the yummy adventures (amateur foodie here!) so you'll have to stay tuned!

This week I'm trying to hammer out a 10 page paper and study for my first of four finals. Let me tell you, the stress of the semester has finally set in. Add in some Breakaway and church responsibilities, and it all makes for one overwhelmed Kellie.

And just as I'm living in my own head, thinking I've got it rough... The Boston Marathon Tragedy happens. I found out about an hour after it happened, and man was I moved. It breaks my heart what goes on in our world today. And it breaks my heart even more that the world doesn't realize how badly they need Jesus. 

Nothing like a threat against people's lives to reawaken you to what really matters. 
The night of the Boston Marathon.. last night.. I prayed for those affected by the tragedy. And I prayed for the responders and the families and the police and the agents seeking justice. And I prayed that in the midst of their pain and struggle and vulnerability, that they would all open up to the Healer and the one who seeks to bring ultimate justice to this sin laden life we lead. I asked that those #PrayForBoston would call upon the Holy Spirit to move in the city and do what our own human ability can't -- offer healing on this side of eternity, and a place, a home.. on the other.

Please join me in praying for Boston, and for this nation. Hearts can be changed in times like these.

Love, 

K


P.S. My post will be happy next time I promise ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment