Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Perks of Being An Aggie

There are many wonderful things about going to A&M. Countless things.

But at the top of the list... at least top 5... There is Breakaway.

Breakaway is this big, on campus bible study, that exists solely for the purpose of connecting Aggies to Jesus. Breakaway meets every Tuesday night in Reed Arena. The study is led by Ben Stuart, Director of Breakaway, and all around wonderful person.

I cannot imagine my college experience without Breakaway. I heard about it before I even moved into the dorm. Breakaway became a place of refuge and weekly restoration during my Freshman year. The messages were all so timely and encouraging, totally soaked in the Spirit. In the middle of so much change, it was nice to take a break every week from the stresses of college life to just spend time with Jesus. 

So when volunteer positions opened up last Spring, I jumped on the application!
I had an interview about a month before I left for Passion 2013. The week of Passion, I found out that I was accepted as a volunteer. And I've been serving for Breakaway since.

It has been such a blessing to be a part of such a powerful ministry. I could go on and on about all the ways God is using Breakaway to minister to people here in College Station, and all the way around the world in China!

And what continues to surprise me is the outpouring of support Breakaway gets from Aggies across campus. It truly is the meeting place for our university's Christian community. 

Well, I'm done bragging about Breakaway now... haha. I encourage you to check out some podcasts! Ben is a wonderful speaker and the Lord has totally equipped him with the specific tool set needed to minister to college kids. You'll enjoy his messages, I promise!

Oh! The reason I actually started writing this post...

The Jeff Johnson Band is a huge part of Breakaway, leading us in worship most nights for the past few years. Jeff and his wife, Jourdan, and their band are soooo great. They just released an album on iTunes today, as a means to fund another album. Turns out this album is just crazy good and hit #1 on the Christian Music iTunes Chart not long after its release. Whoooooop ;)

Available on iTunes!

Please please please go give the Jeff Johnson Band a listen! We at A&M and Breakaway LOVE the Johnsons, and we really love that they love praising Jesus!!


Yeah. So. Love you blogging world.

Peace. 

K.

No comments:

Post a Comment