Monday, May 20, 2013

Back to the Blog

I owe you (whoever and however many you may be...) an apology.

Its been, what, like 3 weeks since my last post? YIKES.

I blame this on my lacking time-management skills, my slowly dying laptop, and my overwhelming desire for sleep. Post-finals recuperation, if you will.

But I'm baaaaack! And I'm here to stay.
You couldn't get rid of me if you tried.

I'm still trying to figure all this stuff out. You know the types of post I want to do, finding my blogging voice, convincing myself I'm interesting enough to maintain an audience...

the blogger's usual.

In other news...

I am a television fanatic. I get wayyyy too invested in more than a handful of characters. The same kind of goes for movies. And I am a loyal fan.

I saw all four Pirates of the Caribbean films in theaters. Mind you, I was 10 years old when the first movie came out. And IMDB is telling me there's gonna be a fifth film in 2015. You bet your life I will be in my nearest theater the day it comes out. Growing up, I watched the first 3 films so many times (like dozens upon dozens, no exaggeration), I had the lines memorized. They are my absolute favorite.
Like I wish I could be Pirate King Elizabeth.

SO. These past few weeks, season finale's have been rolling out. One of my favorite times of the TV year! This week, my two favorites aired their conclusions: How I Met Your Mother and New Girl

And they couldn't have ended more wonderfully. 

I saw the Mother. And holy smokes not what I pictured. But I repeat, I SAW THE MOTHER. Hallelujah she actually exists and Ted will be happy and in love again!!! I'm super excited for the coming season. 

Annnnnd OMG Jess and Nick are doing this thing for real!! They're actually gonna see where their lil romance goes! Ahhhhhhh so happy lol. 

The box office has also been chock full of some movie greatness this past month. My two faves: The Great Gatsby and Iron Man 3

I read the great Gatsby last summer and fell in love with F. Scott Fitzgerald's writing. I mean dang that bro has a way with his characters. And I love love love me some Baz Luhrman. And he knocked this adaptation out of the park! Absolutely beautiful in Lubrman's perfectly unique way. I highly recommend seeing it, especially if you've read the book. And if that isn't enough here's a little extra motivation...



Mmm. 

Final words. Iron Man 3 was entirely enjoyable. Tony Stark *spoiler alert* ends his Iron Man career as no other hero could. I'm a sucker for a good Marvel film. See it :) 

Until next time!! 

K

No comments:

Post a Comment