Friday, March 1, 2013

She Makes The Day Brighter..

She leaves a little sparkle whereever she goes. 


I found this quote on a journal in one of my favorite Target Aisles. You know, the ones lined floor to ceiling with planners and spirals and journals and all that fun stuff. Seriously my favorite time of year is when I finish a planner or a journal and get to go buy a new one to fill up with all the happenings of the year to come. And I know I'm not alone in my satisfaction: my roommates and I will spend days looking for the perfect journals.

There's something about all that empty space that's inviting. Especially if you love to write--and I love to write. I make a point to record all of my favorite memories, because if I don't, I feel like I'm going to lose them. I hate being super cheesy, but its the first blog I've ever written. I think its about time for some cliches.
Life is an empty journal. No, I need to rephrase that. Life with Christ is an empty journal.

I had a journal before I met Jesus. It was torn and tattered, the pages filled with horrible memories and accounts of all the terrible things I had done to myself and to the people I loved. Inside, all of my deepest, darkest secrets were exposed, like a wound that was in need of healing. I was ashamed of those pages and ashamed of what they said about me. Every misspoken word seemed to be a mark against my character. And it was exhausting holding onto all those assaulted pages.

But something beautiful happened. I came to know a Man who already knew everything in my life that had been recorded, good and bad. His name was Jesus and he wanted to take a second look at the tattered pages of my life and give them a new meaning. Slowly, he removed all the pages that bore my sins, and began erasing the marks of a life that would no longer be mine. He replaced the dull, worn out pages with new ones. White, crisp, and pure. Before my eyes, a change had taken place. I was a new person with a new life to be lived. And I owed it all to the One who reached out and saved me from my despair. He came to me so that I could live life a little brighter. Jesus has healed me from the inside out, and I put all my trust in Him as my Savior. There is nothing else that defines me. Because God sent His Son to die in my place, I have life.

I really love the quote on that Target journal. It reminds me of what God has restored in me, and the way my life has changed since coming to know His Son. My life is certainly brighter. I have experienced more joy with Jesus than I ever would have expected. And that joy overflows from my relationship with Jesus into my relationship with others...Leaving a little sparkle wherever I go.

That about sums me up. I love living with Jesus. Because its a bright and beautiful life. And it spreads and sparkles all of my days. So that's what I would like to share with you: a bright life, full of sparkle. Nothing too serious, but limited to anything under the sun. I'm kind of excited.

 With love,

     K

No comments:

Post a Comment